Social Outreach

This morning I stretched my social net--and took a chance. I find it's always difficult trying something new, particularly when it's public. I posted a video on Kickstart.com of a project that I'm hoping can be funded with donations from my friends, family and as yet unknown patrons of the arts.

The link is:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/116318509/sunland-school-hands-on-mural-project

I'd love your feedback on it and any support you can offer. At the moment, we only have $1...so I'm feeling a little dejected.

The mural project is for a wonderful school in south Phoenix that is in a Title 1 district. Title 1 is a federal grant program for improving the academic achievement of the disadvantaged. If we get to our goal for funding, the mural will grace the walls of a new art corridor outside the school. These murals make an incredible impression on the kids as you can kind of see on the faces of the students from my past murals. I've done 25 of these in Michigan. This will be the first one in a school district that needs a little assistance in raising the funds.

I'm hoping we reach our goal by February 18th, I'll keep you posted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ann Arbor Observed

Painting Bryce Canyon