A fews days ago, I created this video as a tribute to my constant companions over the years. Although I created it to be viewed on a full screen TV, and not as a .mov file, you can get the general sentiment of the film.

My dogs have always gone with me on my journeys. In the early days of auditioning and singing around the country, my dog Elsa would even go into the dressing rooms with me in the bowels of theaters around the country. She would sing with me when I was warming up. She loved to sing, but only to my voice. Once when I was singing a Verdi Requiem on stage for the Illinois Symphony, I came to the final movement that starts with the soprano voice singing "Requiem" rising out of total silence. Somewhere off in the distance, I heard Elsa starting to howl. I looked in despair to the stage manager and saw a flurry of activity off stage. Fortunately, I was told that the audience had not heard it, however the chorus and I certainly had. Since Elsa had never done anything like that before, I can only guess that the speaker had been left on in my dressing room and when she heard my voice, she joined right in.

This film features my current dog, Jacque who did his best to deliver everything I asked for and more. Although, he doesn't sing. I hope you enjoy his acting skills.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ann Arbor Observed

Painting Bryce Canyon